Sunday 22 April 2012

Sunshine in gloomsville


“One can never had too many librarian friends.” 
Jennifer Chiaverini, The Wedding Quilt

Work makes me mad. It also takes an enormous amount of willpower to go there. And that makes me sad...

After dragging through my list of excuses and realising that none of them would cut it - I turned up for work the other day. A colleague experiencing similar work-related feelings to mine explained her coping strategy: a three point gratitude list to re-frame her mind set at work. The first two ideas are hers alone to share but the third one was about me. She is grateful for work because that's where she met me. 




I am amazed at the amount of 'gratitude accounting' that seems to be going around at the moment. One particular fb friend regularly posts her one line of gratitude. Just simple things. Fresh raspberries that taste like the smell of roses. Things that make me think: Oh yes - I am grateful for that too!

Thank you friends {long list} for that timely little burst of sunshine into my gloomsville.  

Y Cate



No comments:

Post a Comment