Sunday 20 May 2012

perfect banana oat muffins



I baked for breakfast this morning and due to the success of my delicious Banana Oat Muffins I am a very popular Mummy!

recipe below









Banana Oat Muffins

Makes 24 muffins

120g traditional rolled oats
400g Self Raising flour
1 cup raw sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice 
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

4 ripe bananas
1 cup of milk
1 egg
40g butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 180˚
Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper muffin cases.

Process rolled oats in a food processor to a coarse flour consistency. Add the SR flour, sugar and spices and process until just combined.

Using a blender or stick blender, blend banana, milk, egg, butter and olive oil until a thick milkshake consistency with no banana lumps.

Tip milkshake mixture into food processor on top of the flour and process until just combined.

Spoon into cases and bake for approx 15 min or until golden brown and top springs back to the touch.


Note:
This can be made without processing the oats - the muffins are not as light and fluffy but are still delicious.

Left over muffins can be popped in tomorrow's lunch boxes or frozen and then reheated as needed.




Possums and blossom, their Daddy and I ate them just out of the oven: warm, fluffy and fragrant. Yum. Packed with all that oaty banana goodness - I think I'm on to a winner!

Y Cate

4 comments:

  1. They look delicious. I am always looking for ways to use oats, will try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss (of 10 years ago) brought these to work for morning tea one day and shared the recipe. I have tweaked it to my liking and have been making them ever since.
    Let me know how yours go!
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious and no sugar so healthy too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Emma! I left the sugar off the ingredients list LOL! It would probably be sweet enough with all those bananas - but I do use sugar.
    Cate

    ReplyDelete