Tuesday 19 June 2012

live what you love




My little brother is 17 years younger than me. He was 12 days old at my high school graduation. I wish you could tell just by my simply typed words how much I love him.

Recently he was contemplating a career change. At 22 he had a secure job that paid decently, more responsibility than your average young adult and opportunities for advancement within the company.

Yet he wanted more. When he came to me his trusted big sister, I wanted to say: Don't! You have safety. You have security. You have something GOOD. But I didn't. I bit my tongue. I said: Go for it.


He did go for it. He has an AMAZING new job doing what he's AMAZINGLY good at. His job involves world renowned chocolate too so there are possibly some perks in it for me. And he's well on his way to living his dream - with a decent amount of hard work thrown in. I am so proud of him.

I am also reminded by my (now big) little brother - that living what you love is where it's at. I'm baby stepping my way there.




My co-conspirator Holly (of the awesome parenting tip posts) and I have BIG dreams. And beautiful dreams. And we're ready to make them start happening. Keep reading. Follow along. And live your beautiful dreams too.

Much Y Cate



1 comment:

  1. May your big and beautiful dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete