Monday 30 April 2012

blue is my favourite colour


I like to use the last day of the month to post about my hot-by-forty quest. Still on the quest but my scale is broken so no boring [but so exciting for me!] figures to broadcast.


April 2nd was World Autism Awareness Day and different landmarks around the world were illuminated blue to heighten awareness.


A friend on fb designated the whole of April to awareness and has posted a clip, funny picture or just something blue everyday this month.




I can't watch this clip without crying.


And this quote makes me tear up a little too:


Doctors used to recommend institutions for people with Autism...now we're aiming for University.Early intensive behavioural intervention can help families achieve the best outcome for their child. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7t3daKTQMg








It is Autism Awareness Day everyday in our home. We experience joy, frustration, despair, impatience and love - like any other family.


Y Cate




Images
blue topaz ring



No comments:

Post a Comment